Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crimini mushroom, thyme and rosemary soup

Just kidding with the recipe... I decided to experiment with my own thing :/  Shocking I'm sure!

Melt approximately 3 tbsp butter and 1T olive oil
Stir in crimini mushrooms, thyme, and rosemary until liquid evaporates
Add in pre-sauteed onions
Add in flour to coat
Add in a few ladles of vegetable stock
Transfer to stockpot
Add in a stockpot full of vegetable stock
Add in approximately 1 c of wine (I had malbec on hand)
Add in a parboiled potato (I boiled mine in the larger vat of vegetable stock while making mashed potatoes and borrowed one for the soup cause)
Add in rind from manchego cheese (Yes, save the rinds of manchego or parmesan for soup bases!)
Bring contents to boil
Reduce heat to simmer
Add salt to taste
Use potato masher to break up potato / thicken soup

Results: Most amazing soup ever!!!

No comments: