Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Breakup drinks

Background My roommies and I had a post break-up girls' night in... also known as a good excuse to eat pie, kettle corn, drink, and watch dvr'd How I Met Your Mother episodes incessantly. Good times. It's been ages since I've had a real drink. I love Drink, a bar where you tell the bartenders what kinds of things you like and they'll mix up untraditional drinks, and Oishii, where one of the bartenders has also created incredible and amazing unique drinks. The unfortunate part about their bars is that they charge an arm and a leg for the drinks (a.k.a. Miami South Beach prices). So here's my homage to Drink and Oishii's fantastic drinks.

Here's version 1 and 2 of what I created.

Methods

Version 1: The Fall Breakup Martini

Equal parts gin and natural pomegranate soda
half a sliced plum
real vanilla extract
cinnamon stick

Review: Delicious!

Version 2: The Sweetener
Same as above with a quarter teaspoon of whole dark cherry preserves

Review: Also delicious!

No comments: