Thursday, November 02, 2006

This morning, I woke up to a craving for chocolate cake. Alas, despite having all the ingredients, I didn't quite have enough time. Wouldn't it be wonderful if technology were such that we could just click on the ad advertising free chocolate lava cakes and boom, it appeared in front of our eyes? Indeed, this is my thought of the day. What kind of technology or feat against science do you wish existed?

Two of mine:
-We have equipment to preserve and capture both sight and sound...but there are times I wish it were possible to do the same with food...It would be fairly bad for the travel industry. But wouldn't it be amazing if we took a trip to Italy, took a 'snapshot recording' of an amazing meal, brought it back with us, and every time we wanted to reminesce or share our trip with friends, we could also give them a taste of the food? Alas, I fear that day will never come... But I certainly have a mental list of all the food I would capture...

-dishes. I hate dishes. Let me rephrase. I despise doing dishes in my studio. I might rather spend time with the president than do dishes. For some reason, I'm fine with helping others do dishes...but the cramped space and shallow sink in my studio drives me crazy and dread doing dishes. I hate doing dishes so much, I sometimes avoid cooking and baking or eating, activities I love. I wish it were possible just to throw a cover on over the sink, press a button, and have the dishes done. Boom. My studio's too small to have a real dishwasher. An in-sink one that was affordable would be so awesome. The sad thing is, I have looked for such an invention...they exist...but it's almost 1900 dollars to get one... now why can't they be mass-produced and cheap???

1 comment:

The Bumblebee said...

i think your studio could fit a dishwasher!!!!!!!!!1

that might solve all your problems!!!