Saturday, October 11, 2014

Another keeper

Tried this for an afternoon snack -- we had pastries for breakfast / lunch...


http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/chefs_recipes/12181/Brussels_Sprout_Oyster_Mushroom_and_Sunchoke_Recipe.htm

Methods:
I used eyeball estimates for the dressing. We have a local farmer's market that sells delicious greek yogurt from sheep's milk (lactose free). We omitted the egg yolk and kept most of the rest the same. J doesn't like garlic so I also took that one out, but would keep it in if others were coming for dinner.

We had a bag of trader joe's fresh brussel sprouts and a plate of shitake mushrooms so that is what we used...We did not have sunchokes.

I am terrible at following directions and J washed and sliced the mushrooms before the brussel sprouts. So I sauteed the mushrooms first. Then I removed them. I cooked the brussel sprouts in the skillet for about 4-5 minutes. Then I poured the mushrooms over the brussel sprouts and popped them into the oven for about 10 minutes at 450.

Results:
Definitely delicious and a keeper.

No comments: