Saturday, July 09, 2011

Day 8, July 9. Focaccia, Take II: Garlic Scapes!

This went much better the second time around... I think...GARLIC SCAPES!  I'd never heard of these beautiful beings until I received them from Boston Organics.  But all my relatives who saw them since then have remarked "omg, Americans sell them?  It's ___ in Chinese."  I'm still playing around with them to see what else they can do but so far, I'm a fan of these beauties.  If you want a fantastic musing on garlic, check out Jesse's poem: http://rhymes-with-messy.blogspot.com/2011/06/garlic-glorious-garlic.html












So we had breakfast while I waited for the dough to rise.




 Watched a little lady gaga being interviewed by a Chinese woman wearing noodles...


I made a conference call...  Had some lunch...  vegetarian wontons with fresh vegetable soup (broth made with garlic scapes, carrots, carrot leaves, kale stalks)




 And finally it was time to spread the dough, wait for it to rise some more, and bake.



Much better this time!  No burnt tops!  ...but it could've used more salt and olive oil... there goes being healthy...

No comments: