Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Interview circuit

It's been a sad sad state of affairs in the cooking world. But. All that is changing! I had a dream about cooking a few nights ago and am convinced it is a sign that I start reconnecting to the kitchen again. (More realistically, I probably had the cooking dream because I'd been watching Iron Chef and sadly had to stop watching before finding out the winner).



My goal this week is to try making cupcakes. Mini, delicious morsels of sweet delight. I have never been able to make a cake. Sooner or later, I should learn... now, why I didn't take advantage of learning how to do so while I'd been dating a former professional pastry chef is beyond me... I never was very bright!



In other news, as exhausting as the interview circuit was, and how tired I was of eating granolas and hummus wraps, there were also multiple stops involving good food.



Boston--well, we all know that I am obsessed with food in Boston. Delicious. Affordable. 'nuf said. Thai, sushi, Schezuan, Cantonese, Northern Chinese, Bertuccis, Indian... life was good. very good.



Philly--We went to the Good Dog, which unlike its name would suggest, had nothing to do with hot dogs. Thankfully! They had one of the yummiest fried goat cheese and beet salad. Philly also involved delicious Indian food, Greek food, Jones (monkey bread! mac and cheese!) delights, and of course, the delight of seeing N and N!



New Haven--I had a HOME COOKED meal when I stayed with A&V. It was sooo nice after traveling for so much time!



Toronto--I have to admit it. The Indian food in the cafeteria of SickKids was GOOD. I had chana masala and it made me one happy camper...especially since I'd left NYC at 4am and was finally eating a breakfast/lunch/dinner combo at 4pm post-interview! Gotta love mechanical failures of planes.



Providence--Brown had the most yummiest salad bar I saw. I'm not kidding.



Long Beach--N&M took me to an amazing Italian place for dinner! It was sooo good!



And now...I will finally stop procrastinating and do what I have to do...

No comments: